YouthQuake 2009 Flyer
The mission of the Diocese of Springfield Youth Ministry is to train and equip adult and student leaders to spread the Word of God to teens throughout the diocese and encourage them to live their lives for Christ.
Our values are to:
1. Love God - demonstrating our love by living our lives for Christ and worshiping God together.
2. Love our neighbors - demonstrating our love by reaching out to the less fortunate in the diocese and the world.
3. Love each other - striving to know and love each member of the ministry and having fun together.
4. Spread God's Word - working to make disciples of all the teens in the diocese.
Our programs include:
- New Beginnings -- a Spiritual Renewal weekend for junior high students held twice each year, usually in February and August.
- Happening -- a Spiritual Renewal weekend for high school students held twice each year, usually in March and November.
- Work Week -- a mission project helping the needy build or restore homes in East St. Louis.
- Diocesan Camp -- a week-long spiritual experience for school aged children designed to bring youth into a closer relationship with Christ. See photo gallery.
- Episcopal Youth Event -- held once every three years, EYE is a national gathering of Episcopal high school students designed to help them grow in their relationship with Christ and learn more about their church. The next EYE will be in 2011.
- Outreach Team -- Our outreach team is available to everyone in the diocese to come to their church and talk to their youth about the programs available, or to assist in the implementation of a Youth Ministry program.
- Winter Ball -- Each winter the Youth Department hosts a Winter Ball and Lock-In for all of the youth of the diocese.